200 AMP Single Phase 220V DC Inverter MMA/TIG – With VRD | MAT9055VRD | Supplied With Welding Cables
Over the last 19 years Matweld has built up a solid reputation for providing quality affordable Welding machines. Offering solutions from entry level DIY to state of the art inverter based multi-process machines. The Matweld range offers the right machine for the job at hand. Matweld welding machines are sourced from both local and overseas suppliers and are often modified to meet the needs of local conditions.
Matweld Welders carry a two year warranty on parts and workmanship and are backed up by service departments in the four major centres around South Africa .
- VRD stands for Voltage Reduction Device.
- A VRD reduces the maximum open circuit voltage across the output terminals to below 15 volts.
- This is a safety requirement of most mines in South Africa when the unit is to be operated underground or in damp conditions.
- The presence of a VRD can however cause difficulty in the striking and re-striking of the arc with less skilled operators.
- This is because the machine has to rapidly change from the reduced open circuit voltage of below 15 volts to the open circuit voltage of around 56 volts necessary to strike the arc.
- Compact and lightweight
- Stable Arc with excellent striking capabilities
- Hot Start MMA
- Over Voltage and Over Current protection
- Suitable for Scratch Start TIG welding
- Supplied with welding cables
PLEASE NOTE: All VRD machines must be built in and can’t have an on/off function.