For precise measurements.
The TORK CRAFT 4 Key Digital Verniers are used to give a direct reading of the distance measured with high accuracy and precision.
- Jaws for measuring outer dimensions.
- Jaws for measuring inner dimensions.
- ON/OFF button.
- Zero button.
- Locking screw.
- Unit selector button.
- Stem for measuring depth.
BEFORE USING A VERNIER CALIPER
- Do not apply torque in excess of the maximum capacity of the wrench.
- Apply load on the grip only and do not use any handle extension bars (a piece of pipe put over the grip) for additional leverage.
- Do not disassemble the wrench for any reason. Highly stressed internal components may cause severe injury when released in an unintended manner.
- Ensure a periodic recalibration.
- The calibration of the wrench should be checked at least once a year, after any abnormal handling or overloading, or after 5000 cycles (“beeps).
- Do not leave the wrench in any place exposed to excessive heat, humidity, or direct sunlight.
HOW TO USE A DIGITAL VERNIER CALIPER
- Close the jaws completely and switch ON the vernier caliper.
- Press the ZERO button to calibrate the digital readout.
- Some Tork Craft 4 Key Digital Verniers have the option of selecting the UNIT from either imperial or metric.
- There are also digital vernier calipers available with FRACTIONAL readout (used when working with imperial units). Select the correct measuring unit.
- Open the jaws of the caliper and position both jaws firmly to the ends of the piece being measured.
- Tighten the locking screw so that the jaws don’t move.
- Switch the vernier caliper OFF when not in use.
- Ideal for measuring:
- Depth by using the stem.
- Inner dimensions by using the inner jaws.
- Outer dimensions by using the outer jaws.
- The digital display will flash to indicate a low level battery.